Apple Blossom Tart
Pink Lady® apples are the star of this eye-catching sweet.
Total Time: 3:15
Prep Time: 1:10
- 3 large (about 1 1/2 lbs.) Pink Lady® apples, cored and cut into 1/8"-thick slices
- 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 (8.8-oz.) package spice cookies (such as Biscoff)
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 1/2 tbsp., cut into pieces
- 1 large egg white
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp. apple jelly, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toss together apples, brown sugar, pie spice, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Let stand 45 minutes, gently tossing every 15 minutes, until apple slices are soft and pliable.
- Meanwhile, pulse cookies in a food processor until finely ground, 10 to 12 times. Add melted butter, egg white, remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; pulse until well combined, 6 to 8 times. Press cookie mixture into bottom and sides of a 10" tart pan. Bake until edges are beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Stir together cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture on bottom of crust.
- Drain apples, discarding any accumulated juices. Arrange apples in an overlapping circular pattern, starting on the outside edge and continuing in a snug spiral shape until you reach the center. (You may have a few apples leftover.) Dot with cut-up butter.
- Bake until apples are just tender, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool, on a wire rack, at least 1 hour. Brush apple jelly over tart.
- Serve at chilled or at room temperature.
Recipe Credit: Marian Cooper Cairns
Photo Credit: Brian Woodcock
Share this Recipe
« View More Recipes