Apple Pecan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
4 sweet potatoes (medium-size, 3 1/2 lb.)
3/4 cups chopped pecans (coarsely)
1/4 cups butter
1 apple chopped
1/4 cups golden raisins
1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Place potatoes on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender.
- Heat nuts in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted. Remove from skillet.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple and raisins; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until apple is tender. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Remove from heat.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop pulp into a large bowl, leaving shells intact. Add apple mixture to pulp in bowl; stir until blended. Spoon mixture into shells. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with nuts.
Recipe Credit: My Recipes
Issue: Southern Living, October 2007
Share this Recipe
« View More Recipes