Apple Pie Popsicles
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt, a few pinches
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled and cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Make the streusel: Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt 5 tablespoons of the butter, then remove from heat and set aside. Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Mix in the melted butter, followed by the flour, and stir until well combined. Spread mixture out onto your prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely, breaking up any large pieces.
- While streusel is baking, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a small pan. Add diced apple and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and a pinch of salt over the top. Continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes, or until apples begin to soften just slightly. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Then drain off any excess juices.
- In a small bowl, stir softened ice cream with apple pie spice and cooled apples. Starting with the apple ice cream, alternate layers of ice cream and streusel in your popsicle molds. Add sticks and freeze overnight (place the leftover streusel in a shallow dish).
- To release the pops, hold molds briefly under hot water. Working with one pop at a time, dip into a dish of warm water. Immediately dip into streusel, coating on all sides. Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
Recipe provided by: www.babble.com
Photographed by: Sheri Silver
Share this Recipe
« View More Recipes