RHUBARB APPLE BREAD
Yield: 1 LOAF
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon all spice 2 large eggs 1/4 cup canola oil 1/4 cup applesauce 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 cup chopped rhubarb 1 cup chopped apples, skin removed (I used Granny Smith)
Cinnamon Sugar Topping: 1 tablespoon sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 4 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and all spice. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs and beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Add in canola oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add sugars and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined. Gently fold in rhubarb and apple chunks. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the batter. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until loaf is golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen sides and remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Recipe provided by: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/
Share this Recipe
« View More Recipes