Apple-Cherry Pork Chops Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
MAKES: 2 servings
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1 small red apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Sprinkle pork chops with thyme and salt. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and let meat stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, combine the apple juice, apple, cherries and onion. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops.
1 pork chop equals 350 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Recipe provided by: taste of home - Originally published as Apple-Cherry Pork Chops in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p57
Share this Recipe
« View More Recipes