Apple Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
YIELD: 24-28 meatballs
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded tart apple, such as Granny Smith, washed with peel on
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped Simply Roundy’s Fresh Sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnish
For the Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Simply Roundy’s Pure Maple Syrup
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place an ovenproof baking rack on top of a large, rimmed baking sheet, then lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the turkey, breadcrumbs, olive oil, egg, apple, sage, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. With your hands or two forks, lightly mix to combine, being careful not to compact the meat.
- Roll the mixture into 1 1/2 to 2-inch balls, using a small scoop to help portion as desired. Arrange the meatballs on top of the prepared baking rack. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes, just until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: In a saucepan large enough to hold the meatballs, combine the cranberries, applesauce, maple syrup, orange zest, and orange juice. Heat over medium to warm through. Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce, then spoon the sauce over gently to coat. Transfer to a serving platter to enjoy immediately or place in a slow cooker set to the lowest heat to keep warm. Garnish with fresh parsley as desired and serve.
Recipe provided by: Erin - wellplated.com
Share this Recipe
« View More Recipes