This amazingly fresh light salad has a mildly nutty flavor. A hint of mint and the sweetness of an apple compliment the overall taste, making this the perfect salad to enjoy on these hot summer days.
2 Medium Carrots
1 Bunch of small radishes
½ cup (125 ml) Golden Raisins
½ cup (125 ml) Chopped fresh parsley
½ cup (125 ml) Chopped fresh mint
¼ cup (50 ml) Cider vinegar
2 tbsp (30 mL) Honey
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon Mustard
¾ cup (175ml) Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp (30 mL) Sesame seeds, toasted
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Quarter apples; remove core and thinly slice. Set aside in large bowl.
2. Peel carrots and cut into matchstick pieces. Add to apples.
3. Slice radishes and cut into thin strips. Add to apples.
4. Gently toss with raisins, parsley and mint.
5. In small bowl whisk together, vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil.
6. Just before serving, toss salad with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Makes 6 servings.
*Tip – Add grilled chicken or salmon to make into full meal
Connect with us