1 cup warm water
2 tbsps yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
31/2 cups all purpose flour
3 tbsps butter (plus more for pans)
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 apples (peeled, cored, and shredded)
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
11/2 cups powdered sugar
1/8 cup milk
1 tbsp butter (melted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, add the warm water and yeast and whisk until the yeast dissolves. Add the oil and sugar, whisk together and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
2. If the yeast is good, the mixture should start and bubble up. Add the egg and the salt to the bowl and whisk once you see these bubbles.
3. Start adding the flour. Start with 3 cups of flour and if you find the dough is too sticky add a bit more.
4. Shape the dough into a ball and let it rest for 20 minutes or so.
5. While the dough is resting you can start getting everything else ready. You’ll need 2 apples, peeled, cored and shredded.
6. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
7. Chop the pecans to your preference.
8. Last but not least, melt the butter in a small bowl.
9. Turn the dough over onto a floured surface and roll it into a long rectangle that’s about 1/4 of an inch in thickness.
10. Pour the butter over the dough and brush it to cover the entire surface.
11. Next sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the entire surface.
12. Sprinkle the apples all over the dough.
13. Now add the pecans.
14. Start folding the dough, starting with the side furthest from you.
15. Fold it and then pinch the ends together so you end up with a nice roll.
16. Cut the roll into pieces about 1 1/2 inches in thickness.
17. Now you can use a 9×13 inch baking dish, or two 9 inch pie dishes. Whatever dish you use, make sure you butter it well. Arrange the rolls nicely in your baking dish.
18. Let the rolls rest for another 30 minutes until they rise some more.
19. Bake them in a preheated oven at 375 F degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Connect with us