Apple Butter and Cheddar Puffs Appetizers
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack
- 2 large Apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider vinegar
- ½ Cup + 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- ½ teas. Cinnamon
- ⅛ teas. Cloves
- 1 Pkg. Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed (2 sheets)
- 2 Egg Whites, beaten
- 6 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme leaves, minced
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat the Apples, Cider Vinegar and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the apples break down and are the consistency of applesauce (approximately 10-15 minutes).
- Add the apples to a blender or food processor with the remaining Sugar, Cinnamon and Cloves, blending until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the sauce pan and simmer over medium low to medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens (approximately 5-10 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Roll out one pastry sheet to 9x12 inches. Cut into thirds lengthwise and cross wise to make 9 rectangles.
- Brush the edges of the rectangles with egg white.
- Place a teaspoon of Apple butter on each triangle.
- Top with a sprinkle of Cheddar in the center of each.
- Fold the corners together and seal the edges with a fork.
- Brush the top of the pastry with Egg white and sprinkle with Cheddar.
- Bake at 400˚ until puffed and golden or about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool at least 10 minutes. Serve warm or store in an airtight container.
Share this Recipe
« View More Recipes