A little tart and a little sweet, this mocktail of lemon-lime juice and pear juice will wake up your taste buds. Add a splash of seltzer and an herb garnish for a special presentation.
- 1 cup ice
- 1/3 cup pear juice
- 2 tablespoons Lemon-Lime Juice (see
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup (see
- 4 fresh mint leaves, plus 1 mint sprig for garnish
- Put all ingredients except mint sprig in a cocktail shaker and shake until well blended, about 10 seconds. Pour drink with ice into a tumbler or a snifter. Garnish with mint sprig.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per mocktail.
- Bar Essentials: Have these on hand for mixing great mocktails.
- Simple Syrup: Equal parts sugar and water, heated until the sugar dissolves. (Your yield will be the same as the amount of water you use.)
- Lemon-Lime Juice: Equal parts freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice, for adding acidity in a flash.
- Fresh Lemons, Limes, and Oranges: To make juice, wedges for squeezing or moistening the rim of a glass, or twists of zest for extra citrus aroma.
- Superfine Sugar: Dissolves easily and makes a nice garnish on the rim of a glass.
- Fresh Herbs: Basil, mint, and tarragon add complexity, texture, and visual appeal.
- Purchased Ice: For a big party, it's hard to make enough ice at home. Besides cooling, ice helps blend flavors in the shaker.
Lucy Brennan, 820, Portland, OR, Sunset
Share this Recipe
« View More Recipes