Good Luck to our Seahawks in the Superbowl!!
Borton & Sons, Inc. has many Seahawks Fans that are really excited about the game this weekend and hoping for a big win over Denver in the Super Bowl. It’s been quite an exciting season for the Seahawks and the 12th Man fans that have supported them, finishing number one in the NFC this year. The last and only time the Seahawks have played a Super Bowl game was in February of 2006 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, which they lost 21-10. We are hoping to make history and for our number one team to take home a Super Bowl Win and rings.
Seattle Seahawks – fun Facts
- Seattle is the only team in the NFL with the same first three letters in the city and team name.
- The Seahawks name was chosen by a contest winner back on June 17th of 1975.
- The Seahawks took the field for the first time August 1st, 1976 in a pre-season game against the 49ers in the brand new Kingdome at that time.
- Largent led Seattle in receiving yards in each of their first 12 seasons.
- Jim Zorn was the leading passer for the first 7 seasons.
- During their 2005/2006 Super Bowl season, Seattle turned the ball over five times at Jacksonville in week one, and then did not turn the ball over on the road again until week 17.
- The Seahawks are the only NFL Team to switch conferences twice in a post-merger era; beginning in the NFC West division in 1976 and switching conferences with the Buccaneers after one season to the AFC West as part of the expansion plan allowing each NFL team to play each other twice. They then returned to the NFC West in 2002 as part of a realignment plan that gave each conference four balanced divisions of four teams each.
- Seattle has won 8 divisional titles in their franchise history; the 1988 and 1999 AFC West titles, and the 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010 and 2013 NFC West titles.
- Seattle has won the NFC Championship Game twice, in 2005 and 2013. They lost the AFC Championship Game once in 1983.
For more fun and interesting facts about the Seahawks, please see the links below.
This year’s Super Bowl is extremely special, it’s the first time the Super Bowl will be played outdoors in a cold weather environment, and the first time played on February 2nd. It’s the first to be played on artificial turf since Super Bowl 5 at the Miami Orange Bowl, and the first in which two U.S. states (New York and New Jersey) will share hosting duties. The game will feature the league’s top offence (Denver) vs. the top defense (Seattle) and both number 1 seeds from each conference which will make for a really exciting game to watch.
From all here at Borton – GO HAWKS!!!
Don’t forget to check out our Super Bowl healthy snack ideas on our news feed, along with a few recipes on our website that would make for great game day dishes!
Posted January 29, 2014